Skip to main content
J+ Scribe payment process
Updated over a week ago

This payment process applies to all projects using the J+ Scribe payment process.

Please take note of the payment process being used when applying to join any project, it will be outlined in the job description on the job page in J+ Community. If you're unsure which process applies to your project, please contact the Project Manager or check the project hub.

For projects using the J+ Community payment process, please see the article J+ Community payment process.

Contents

Getting started

We process payments via J+ Scribe on the 15th of each month. If the 15th falls on a weekend, the Jellyfish Accounts team aims to process payments on the Friday prior. If the 15th falls on a weekend and you do not receive your full payment, please wait until 12pm (GMT) on the next working day, ie Monday, before sending a missing payment query to the Accounts team.

You are paid on the 15th of the month for all work approved in the previous month. This may not be the same number of tasks that you submitted, particularly if some assignments were submitted in the final days of the month.

• 1st of the month: Check your payments dashboard on J+ Scribe

If there's anything that you believe to be incorrect or anything that doesn't align with your records, please raise a query within 72 hours via the 'Payment query' button at the top of your payments dashboard.

• 7th of the month: Deadline for changing your payment method

You can select PayPal as your payment method directly in your J+ Scribe account. If you would prefer to receive payment via Payoneer, please email [email protected]

• 15th of the month: All payments are processed

Payments are processed throughout the day so you won't necessarily receive payment for all of your work at the same time. If you think you haven't received everything, please wait until the morning of the 16th before inquiring

• 16th of the month: Contact Jellyfish Accounts

If you still haven't received the full payment total as outlined in your payment dashboard, please email [email protected]. Your email should include:

• the total sum expected/missing

• the name of the client(s) whose projects you're expecting payment for

• the name(s) of your Project Manager(s)

FAQ

Set up

Receiving payment

Contacting the team

What are Jellyfish's payment methods?

Our primary payment methods are PayPal and Payoneer.

Your preferred payment account must be registered in your name or the name of your limited company – if applicable.

What currency will I be paid in?

All payment for work following this payment process is paid in GBP only.

Where do I add my payment information?

Please ensure your up-to-date payment details are added to your account on J+ Scribe. If you'd like to change your payment method to Payoneer, please email [email protected]. This must be done before the 7th of the month to allow time for your account to be set up. The team will provide you with a unique URL so that you can get set up on Payoneer as a Jellyfish payee. Please do not change your payment details after the 7th of the month.

What is Jellyfish's VAT number?

Our VAT number is 918023638.

Company details:

Jellyfish UK Ltd
31 London Road
Reigate
Surrey
RH2 9SS
Great Britain

I haven't received all of my payment for my work in the previous month

Payments are processed throughout the day by the UK-based Accounts team so you might not receive payment for all of your work at the same time. If you haven’t received the full amount, please wait until the 16th before contacting Jellyfish Accounts – the payment might still be in progress.

If you still haven’t received the full amount as outlined in your payment data, please email [email protected]. Your email should include:

• subject line: J+ Scribe - Commerce UK payment query

• the total sum expected/missing

• the name of the clients whose projects you’re expecting payment for

• the name(s) of your Project Manager(s)

Please do not contact [email protected] or your Project Manager if you haven't received your payment as they will be unable to advise. You must contact Jellyfish Accounts by emailing [email protected]

The team will review your email and reply to you as soon as possible. Please note, the Accounts team deals with a high volume of queries so the response time is typically 48 hours.

I reviewed my payment data but the funds have not appeared in my PayPal/Payoneer account

You will receive your payment on the 15th of the month, for work completed and approved for payment between the 1st - last day of the previous month. For example, you will receive payment for all work that has been completed and approved between 1-30 September on 15 October. Please see the section Getting Started for more information.

You must ensure that you have completed your PayPal or Payoneer account set up, and you have accepted any pending payments in your PayPal or Payoneer account before contacting Jellyfish Accounts.

I want to change my payment method

The final date for updating your payment method is the 7th of the month. If you wish to switch to Payoneer, please email [email protected].

Who should I contact if I want to change my payment method?

Please email [email protected] if you would like to message us and request a new payment method. Please note, our primary methods of payment are PayPal and Payoneer. The final date for updating your payment method is the 7th of the month.

Who should I contact if my payment data is incorrect in my payments dashboard?

On the 1st of the month, please review your payment dashboard and notify your Project Manager if you think there is a missing payment. You can do this by emailing [email protected]. Please give as much detail as possible.

Who should I contact if I have not received my payment or I am missing some of my payment?

If you have not received your full payment by the morning of the 16th, please email [email protected]. Your email should include the total sum expected/missing, the name of the clients whose projects you’re expecting payment for, the name(s) of your Project Manager(s).

Please note, the Accounts team deals with a high volume of queries so the response time is typically 48 hours.

I am VAT registered in the UK

Please follow this process if you are VAT registered in the UK. If you do not live in the UK or you are not VAT registered, please jump to the next section.

You will need to provide Jellyfish with your VAT registration number along with some further details in order to qualify for VAT. You can do this by updating your personal information on your J+ Scribe profile. Please make sure you update the following details:

• VAT NUMBER

• ARE YOU A UK RESIDENT?

• ARE YOU VAT REGISTERED IN THE UK?

VAT registered community members need to submit an invoice to the Jellyfish Accounts team to receive payment for all work on commerce content projects.

You must follow the below process:

1. On the 1st of the month, please review your payments data on J+ Scribe. Your payment data will include the following information:

• Client

• Project – The project you worked on for that client

• Task – The task you completed on that project (editing, writing, QA)

• Approved date – The date your deliverable was approved

• Assignment ID – The unique identifier for each deliverable

• Batch – The batch your deliverable was a part of

• Rate (£) – The amount to be paid for each deliverable / task

• VAT (£)

• Total (£) – The full payment for all work with Jellyfish approved in that month

• Notes – Any additional information to support the payment data

If there’s anything that you believe to be incorrect or anything that doesn’t align with your records, please raise a query within 72 hours via the 'Payment query' button at the top of your payments dashboard on J+ Scribe. Please remember to include the name of the client whose project you're enquiring about in your message. We'll investigate this internally and be in touch with you before the 8th of the month to resolve any outstanding queries. If you do not receive a response before the 8th of the month, please contact the Project Manager.

1. Payment data is subject to change up to the 8th of the month. Once your payment data looks correct, create an invoice for all the work you have completed in the previous month and send this to [email protected] no later than the 10th of the month. Please use the subject line: J+ Scribe - Commerce UK - freelancer invoice, for example, J+ Scribe - Commerce UK - freelancer invoice.

You must provide the following information on your invoice:

• Your full name

• A brief invoice description, eg Content creation on 2x projects (Louis Vuitton, Charles Tyrwhitt) between 1-30 April 2023

• Total sum owed for the month

• VAT amount

1. Jellyfish will process your payment on the 15th of the month via your preferred payment method.

I am not VAT registered in the UK / I do not live in the UK

Please follow this process if you live in the UK but you are not VAT registered, or if you live in any other country.

All payments are processed via our platform J+ Scribe and you don’t need to send us an invoice. If you’re required to invoice for tax purposes, please create one but don’t send it to us. Most countries require only the invoice – not proof of sending – but if this isn’t the case for you, please contact [email protected]

You must follow the below process:

1. On the 1st of the month, please review your payments data on J+ Scribe. Your payment data will include the following information:

• Client

• Project – The project you worked on for that client

• Task – The task you completed on that project (editing, writing, QA)

• Approved date – The date your deliverable was approved

• Assignment ID – The unique identifier for each deliverable

• Batch – The batch your deliverable was a part of

• Rate (£) – The amount to be paid for each deliverable / task

• VAT (£)

• Total (£) – The full payment for all work with Jellyfish approved in that month

• Notes – Any additional information to support the payment data

If there’s anything that you believe to be incorrect or anything that doesn’t align with your records, please raise a query within 72 hours via the 'Payment query' button at the top of your payments dashboard on J+ Scribe. Please remember to include the name of the client whose project you're enquiring about in your message. We'll investigate this internally and be in touch with you before the 8th of the month to resolve any outstanding queries. If you do not receive a response before the 8th of the month, please contact the Project Manager.

1. Jellyfish will process your payment on the 15th of the month via your preferred payment method. Please see our payment FAQ above for more details.

Please email [email protected] if you have a question about anything in this article.

Did this answer your question?