Skip to main content
Creator Spotlight: Meet Eleonora
Updated over a week ago

I'm currently in...

Edinburgh, the beautiful capital of Scotland. I am originally from Rome and I moved here almost eight years ago after living in other cities, like London, Brussels and Lyon in the past. When I moved here, I was supposed to stay just for a couple of years, but Edinburgh (or Edinbraaa, as Edinburghers pronounces it) is such an amazing city that I’m still here, its rich history and traditions perfectly blend with multiculturalism and modernity and you can feel the essence of Scotland at every corner; also Scots are so fun and friendly.

I like its size, not too big and not too small, and the abundance of green areas and paths all around town that make you reconnect with the nature. Yes, the weather in Scotland is unpredictable and Edinburgh can be very windy (with its dose of rain, of course), but despite the dark and cold winters, when it comes to spring and summer, I love being here and enjoying the longest daylight hours and the warmer and sunny days.

In my spare time you will find me...

reading, practicing yoga, taking care of my plants, swimming, travelling and enjoying the great outdoors of Scotland and Edinburgh. I am an avid reader and I like dedicating some time every day to reading a good book: it feeds the soul. Then, I use my spare time to practice some yoga and meditation every morning before starting my day, as well as hitting the swimming pool a couple of times a week.

Whenever the weather allows, I spend some time in my garden with my beloved plants or I just go out for some nice walks or cycling around the green paths and areas here in Edinburgh.

But, most of all, every time I can, I pack my suitcase, take a flight, train or whatever it is, and I travel as much as I can; plus being a freelancer allows me to bring my job almost everywhere, so I'm not ruling out living like a nomad translator-yoga teacher at some point... it’s never too late! And it’s not bad to escape the Scottish winters travelling to warmer lands.

I'm passionate about...

translating, of course, and language in general. I consider myself very lucky as I do love my job as a freelance translator and editor. I never tire of working and playing with languages, transferring content from one culture to another: allowing people to communicate to each other is so inspiring and rewarding.

I am also passionate about literature and I am the co-founder of an Italian literary blog, where I do write about literature and books and I also translate some “almost forgotten” pieces of literature from the past. Finally, I do love teaching my native language to foreign people and I am also a yoga teacher.

My dream brief would be...

anything involving the exploration of new cultures and places, maybe in the area of sustainable travel and environment, as well history and literature. In any case, I like projects involving creativity and the chance to learn new things. I work in different translation industries and in subtitling, where my curiosity and the desire to discover and learn new things is highly satisfied, as the variety of content I work with never makes me bored.

Did this answer your question?