Skip to main content
Creator Spotlight: Meet Irene
Updated over a week ago

I'm currently in...

South Tangerang. It’s a city near Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. I moved here about 10 years ago and really love living here because it’s not too far from the capital city but free from traffic jams and crowded neighbourhoods.

Living here make me feel that I still live in a big city but closer to nature, which is almost impossible to find in a crowded city like Jakarta. I can still see morning fog and dews and never have to worry again about flood, air pollution, or traffic jams.

In my spare time you will find me...

singing in a choir, doing craft projects, or cuddling with my cats. I have six cats at home, some of them are rescues.

These activities can give me a break from computers and gadgets, which I think is important in order to have a balanced life. During my work time, I sometimes take short breaks in between to make origami, paper quilling, or crocheting. These really help me to calm down and clear my head, particularly when I'm trying to look for a suitable word for the copies I'm dealing with.

I'm passionate about...

reading and writing. In fact, writing has been my dream job since I was a little.

I've also had a deep interest in learning foreign languages since I was in high school. I come from a multilingual family, which exposed me to many languages since I was a child. Most people in Indonesia are multilingual, because beside our national language, Bahasa Indonesia, we also speak in local dialects.

I grew up speaking Bahasa Indonesia, some local dialects, and Dutch, while German was taught in every high school at my time. I was fascinated by how language can shape your life and broaden your horizon. I also enjoyed reading books on foreign languages.

Working as a freelance translator and a copywriter after graduated from university, I find both professions can fulfil my passion. Translating and localising texts can give me new perspectives and enable me to learn something new.

My dream brief would be...

anything related to health and beauty content. I have worked in the health industry as a writer and editor, and I think even though there are many resources about health, many people still ignore the importance of taking care of their own health. I have also seen a lot of misleading content on health and beauty products, which can create a bad impact on everyone’s lives and also in society in general.

Did this answer your question?