Skip to main content
Creator Spotlight: Meet Michael
Updated over a week ago

I'm currently in...

I live in New York, specifically Brooklyn Heights, which overlooks the East River, lower Manhattan and New York Harbour. It is a historic district, the first in New York City, a distinction earned by its 19th-century residential architecture, notably five-story row houses called 'brownstones' and carriage houses converted to living quarters.

In my spare time you will find me...

Working on fiction projects. I strive to stay in shape and am an avid reader. I like to explore corners of New York I do not know, sample new restaurants and leave the city behind to hike in the countryside or spend a day at the beach. I also own a studio apartment in Cannes, where I like to vacation.

I'm passionate about...

I have worked in journalism and book publishing, including trade, academic and educational, largely as a copy editor, which means I am a stickler for grammar and a strict adherent to style guidelines. I am also a freelance writer on the arts and recently completed my first novel. As I hunt for a literary agent, I've begun a short story.

My dream brief would be...

One in the media and communications sector, say, for a small, independent film company, or a major arts organization.

Did this answer your question?