Skip to main content
Setting your employment status
Updated this week

In line with Jellyfish's Content Creator Agreement you're required to share your employment status before beginning work on any of our projects.

How can I add my employment status?

1. Sign in to J+ Community and click Payments in the sidebar. Scroll down the page and you'll see the Employment status section.

2. Click 'Edit' and select the employment status that reflects your current status.

3. Please complete all required fields as shown in the images below.

Sole trader / Self-employed

Limited company

Why does Jellyfish need this information?

As independent contractors, J+ Community members are responsible for paying tax in their respective countries or jurisdictions as required. To ensure Jellyfish is compliant with global regulations on worker classification and for billing purposes, we require a tax identification number or company registration number (where applicable) for every community member who works with us.

Any community member who joins a commerce content project must digitally sign a Content Creator Agreement. The community member’s Tax Identification Number (TIN) or equivalent must be included in each agreement.

Please note that the Content Creator Agreement contains a link enabling you to consult our privacy policy with the relevant information regarding the processing of your personal data. You can also view our privacy policy at community.jplus.io/privacy-policy

What is the Tax Identification Number for my country?

Tax Identification Numbers (TINs) vary by jurisdiction. You can find a list of Tax IDs by country in the pdf below. Please note, this acts as a guide only. If your country is not in the list, please refer to the OECD's Tax Identification Numbers list or your local tax administration service's website.

Did this answer your question?